Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hope for the Best

Life can be disappointing sometimes...especially for those of us who tend to get our hopes up fairly easily. Lately, I've spent a lot of time thinking about how I handle the hurts in my life. I cry and I grieve and I fall apart. Then, I pick myself up and look forward with hope to the good things that I hope lie ahead.

Sometimes I wonder why I allow myself to "get my hopes up" only to be let down. I have come to realize that this is how I cope. Looking forward to the good things is what helps me to cope with the hard times. If I didn't set my heart on seeing good things happen, would I be any less likely not be let down? I don't think so. So for now, I'm going to keep on hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment