If you know me very well, you probably already know that I struggle with perfectionism. It's a sickness really. I want certain things, let's face it- pretty much every thing, to be "so-so" (as my mom would say). So, the fact that I began a blog and have not posted anything since last April kinda bothers me a little. I'm not going to commit to posting each week- although the perfectionist in me wants to make that a goal. However, I feel the urge to set a goal (because I'm a goal setting kind of girl)...I'm going to blog at least once a month. How 'bout that?
Why blog once a month? Because I have anything amazing to share? Not so much. Because I have such an interesting life? Nope. Because I having amazing theological insight to share with you all? Definitely not. Here's the deal... 2009 was kind of a rough year for me, both personally and professionally. I've decided to blog about my life because I find it to be strangely therapeutic. It's good to look back at where you have been and see what God has done. 2010 is going to be a good year for me. I am determined to allow it to be. I will face my circumstances and challenges with grace, knowing that God will give me the strength to endure and that better times are ahead. Good things are coming. God does have a plan for my life. He has promised (Jeremiah 29:11-13). I look forward to sharing with you what great things he has done in 2010.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've missed you!!! :) I'm so glad you're back to the blogging world! I understand the therapeutic thing because that's how I started blogging and I still use blogging that way (in between other posts too:)
ReplyDelete